Miller Heiman recently released their excellent Annual Sales Best Practices Study, where they detail the best practices of world class selling organizations.
You can find a link to the executive summary of the report here: http://www.millerheiman.com/2010research.
Some of the study’s key highlights include:
- 97 percent of World-Class Sales Organizations know why their customers buy from them.
- World-Class Sales Organizations are four times more likely to consistently utilize comprehensive prospecting plans.
- 97 percent of World-Class Sales Organizations have an organizational structure that allows them to adapt to customer’s changing needs.
- World-Class Sales Organizations are four times more likely to spend adequate time coaching their salespeople.
- 90 percent World-Class Sales Organizations agree that their salespeople have a solid understanding of our customer’s business needs.
- World-Class Sales Organizations are four times more likely to have a formal process for executive-to-executive selling.
We’re Miller Heiman clients, and they’ve served us VERY well over the years; I’m more than happy to speak with any of you regarding our experiences.