Some of you have inquired about the up-coming word-of-mouth marketing conference, featured to the right of this blog post.
“Craig, can you help us understand exactly ‘what is’ word-of-mouth marketing (WOMM), and why it’s something you’re so passionate about?”
I think WOMM is best described via Andy Sernovtiz’s WOMM Manifesto:
- Happy customers are your best advertising. Make people happy.
- Marketing is easy: Earn the respect and recommendation of your customers. They will do your marketing for you, for free.
- Ethics and good service come first.
- UR the UE: You are the user experience (not what your ads say you are).
- Negative word of mouth is an opportunity. Listen and learn.
- People are already talking. Your only option is to join the conversation.
- Be interesting or be invisible.
- If it’s not worth talking about, it’s not worth doing.
- Make the story of your company a good one.
- It is more fun to work at a company that people want to talk about.
- Use the power of word of mouth to make businesses treat people better.
- Honest marketing makes more money.
Comment below or drop me an e-mail if you’d like us to send you a copy of Andy Sernovitz’s book…